This week I created my “Food Manual” for gluten free dessert making, which is a comprehensive guide to GF baking and dessert making. Because of this I decided not to write anything specifically for these muffins. Click here to learn how to maximize GF baking using food science.
All-purpose flour- 2 cups
Baking powder- 2 tsp
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Salt- ½ tsp
Sugar- ½ cup
Unsalted butter- 8 tbs melted
Whole milk- 3/4 cup
Vanilla extract- ½ tsp
½ cup of chocolate chips
½ cup of almonds
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Whisk the wet ingredients: Beat the eggs together. Then beat in melted butter. Finally mix in milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add chocolate chips and almonds directly into dry ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins .The batter should cover most of the tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins