Check out “Food Manual: Cookies” for tips and information on how to personalize all of your favorite cookies.
1 stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
3 large eggs
1 cup of pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ tsp of baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ tsp of allspice
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and granulated sugar into the butter. Then beat in the eggs followed by the vanilla extract and the pumpkin puree.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Mix the oatmeal into the dough.
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough into a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350˚F oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies